This was one of my favorite lessons to teach. They had so much fun with the different instruments! First we got out my keyboard. I showed the different buttons they could push to make different sounds of music: drum, flute, piano, etc. I showed them the rules of playing it gently and one finger at a time. They liked the red demo button that plays music.
.jpg)

Then I got out a harmonica. They were sad that they couldn't play it.
I didn't want all those germs on it! :)

Then I brought out part of a drum set and let them each have a turn to play the drums.
.jpg)
.jpg)
I explained to them the rules, play gently, not too loudly.
Amazingly they all followed the rules!
I told them if they followed the rules then we could play it at toy time.
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
Next I showed them my clarinet
and told them that I hadn't played it in a very long time
and that sometimes it squeaks and makes awful loud noises
.jpg)
I love how they were taking it all in!
.jpg)
They're getting ready in case it is too loud.
.jpg)



Next we had Celeste play her violin for us.
She played twinkle twinkle for us.

She even got dressed up for the occasion.


Good job Celeste!

We made tambourines to play in the next circle time.
(Sorry parents)

Having fun playing with the keyboard.

And the drums!



Abby even got out a "music" book to read the notes.

They were dancing to the music.
It was pretty cute!



Here they are with the tambourines.

We sang a silly song to play with the tambourines.
A ram sam sam, A ram sam sam,
Guli, guli, guli, guli, guli, ram sam sam.
A rafi, A rafi.
Guli, guli, guli, guli, guli, ram sam sam.
No comments:
Post a Comment