Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Music day



Music day was so much fun! I brought my keyboard and let them practice on it. I showed them how to gently play the keys and that it could make all different kinds of sounds.

We made guitars with rubber bands & old shoe boxes. We also made tambourines.

We had so many different kinds of instruments for them to play on. We let them play most of them at free play time. I brought the earphones for the keyboard. You can tell by one of the pictures that it did get a loud, but not too bad. They had fun playing the drums, xylophones, little guitar, their own guitars, & the keyboard.

At the 2nd circle time I got the bells & triangles out for them to play. I would let them play as loud as they wanted for a few seconds and then shouted stop & trade & then go, & then again. It was a lot of fun.

We also had a marching band outside with some of the instruments.

No comments:

Post a Comment