Thursday, March 17, 2011

Happy ST. Patricks Day(part 1)

Today was so much fun! I love how the children get so into the idea of leprechauns and St. Patrick's day. It is one of the funnest days of preschool! We started off by making a simple leprechaun trap, something shiny to attract them (they love gold shiny things) and an old shoe box, and a dvd to hold it up. We did this during the first circle and then told them that they needed to be quiet so they wouldn't scare the leprechauns away. Marie & I have never heard it so quiet... and for so long.

Here's a short video to prove that they were quiet, they were quiet for almost 20 minutes! I know you probably wouldn't believe it.. with how excited & loud they were at pick-up time.. but during craft time you hardly heard them!







Here they are talking about leprechauns coming... I love Lexi's expression!
She's looking out the window for one....
Max was telling me all about leprechauns and how they were coming, he was very excited!
Checking to see if they had come yet.

Look a leprechaun came and left us something gold & shiny...


They came out from cleaning the playroom to see if a leprechaun had come yet..



Look!!!
The leprechaun left us candy!!!!




Here are their tiny feet prints, she thought we should frame them! :)

He is saying they were right here, they are very tiny...
Sharing the tiny feet prints with a friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment